TR3 Overdrive Tranny Wanted

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Overdrive Tranny Wanted
From: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 22:40:27 EST
Well a number of you have confirmed my fears that the 3 inch hole in the
bottom of the  bellhousing of my tranny is a DPO installed
access/inspection hole of some sort.  Since I need to find a new housing
and I really would have preferred an overdrive anyway. . . . . . .

Does anyone know of an TR3 overdrive transmission, w/solenoid, switch and
prop shaft available for sale?

Also,  since I am obviously a complete newbee at TR transmissions, what
should I be looking for in a used transmission?

No hurry,  The need is not pressing.  This tranny works fine and I can
seal the hole for the 1997 season, but I am concerned about long term
effects and what else is screwed up in the gearbox.  This will make a
"wonderful" project for next winter.

Actually, this is my preferred method of rebuilding a vehicle.  A
subsystem each winter.  I did it with the Norton over five years and
didn't miss out on a single spring, summer or fall day.

Thanks list.

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, New Jersey
1960 TR3-A TS69032L