Tr7 Windscreen question...

Subject: Tr7 Windscreen question...
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 20:35:06 -0500
According to the Haynes manual, the windscreen is glued in with a "neoprene
based material supplied in strip form. It contains a resistance wire core which
is heated by electric current to cure the sealing strip after it is installed.
Installation of the windscreen requires special techniques and equipment, and
should never be attempted by the do-it-yourselfer "

At this time, I simply need to remove the windscreen. I can certainly get a
glass place to put a new one in. Breakage is not really an issue (Thanks,
Dave!) So... what's the best way to get it out? I've got a sledgehammer and a
ShopVac :)

Greg Smith
1980 Triumph TR7 Convertible, 30th Anniversary Edition
1980 Triumph TR7 Spider Convertible awaiting a repaint & v8 transplant & lots
more work
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
                         -- Hosting the 1997 VTR Regionals!