re Spitfire Parts in the UK

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re Spitfire Parts in the UK
From: crl@iafrica.com (C.R.LEAH)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 96 08:40:30 GMT
----

REUTECH INDUSTRIES (PTY) LTD
Michael Noerregaard requested (29 Dec) info on parts suppliers in the UK for
his Spitfire MkII.
My experience has been primarily with Moss Europe in Richmond, Surrey
(Tel: +44 181 948 6668, Fax: +44 181 940 9268) and TRGB in Huntingdon,
Cambridgeshire (Tel: +44 1487 84 2168, Fax: +44 1487 74 0274).
The TR shop and Kippings are also supposed to be fairly good, but I have had no
personal experience with either of them.
I have found that one needs a copy of the factory issue Illustrated Parts
Catalogue which is available from suppliers in the UK, as one has to be sure
you are buying the right part for the MKII and not a similar part from the
MKIII/IV. Very important if you are buying from far away.
Hope this helps
Chris Leah, Durban, South Africa
1966 Spitfire MkII on blocks 'til the new pistons arrive from the UK
C.R.LEAH
crl@iafrica.com