black Spit, Warrenton Va.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: black Spit, Warrenton Va.
From: mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu (Tim Gaines)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 14:14:42 -0500
   I just wanted to send out a compliment to the owner of a black Spitfire
I saw the other day near Warrenton, Virginia.  So if you are on this list,
you have got a terrific looking LBS!

   Sunday morning, as my family and I were traveling from Maryland back
home to South Carolina, I was passed by a shiny black, new looking Spitfire,
probably a 1978 or so.  It made my 1980 Spit seem dull by comparison.
It WAS raining but everything looked really spiffy; soft top and all.  We
were on US 29 just outside of Warrenton.  Of course I tried to catch up,
but my 3-liter Caravan was no match, and I finally got cought by a light as
the Spit zoomed up an exit ramp into town.  What a pretty sight.

Enviously yours,

Tim Gaines                   phone: 864-833-8349
Psychology Department        fax: 864-833-8481
Presbyterian College         email: mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu
Clinton, SC  29325