RE: TR6 Hammer Mechanic

To: triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Hammer Mechanic
From: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 17:53:25 -0800
Chill dude!  Those always come loose.  If the threads are ok, just use
locktite.  If no, you can buy a HeliCoil kit, I think they are 5/16-24.  I've
even replaced the studs with some "Help" studs from Pep Boys.  They come dual
sided. 5/16-18?? and 5/16-24.  I used these because I had some standard thread
coils around.  You do need to take off the brake backplate to drill out the old
threads and insert the coils.  Have fun.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
512-250-9498 fax 512-250-5434
TR6 x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage racer,