Accident Luck, or lack thereof

To: jamiep@cris.com
Subject: Accident Luck, or lack thereof
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 08:50:18 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Jamie,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  At this point in your situation I
don't have a lot of good experience or advice, but for the benefit of those
on the list I will post my philosophy.

Since moving to New Jersey (insurance Hell of the world), I have adopted the
habit of keeping one of those cheap throwaway cameras in the glovebox of
each of my cars. These cameras, WITH FLASH, costing about $10 each, could
save your butt if you regularly drive alone (ie, no friendly witness).  It
is amazing how people react after you start taking pictures of the accident
scene, BEFORE THE CARS ARE MOVED.

Yes, the film has expiration dates and should not be exposed to heat, but
the picture quality will still be good; the worst problem may be that the
colors may change slightly as the film degrades.  Kind of like old LBC
paint.  It may not look so good anymore, but it works just fine.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your difficulties, good luck.

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, NJ
1960 TR3-A
1974 Norton Commando