RE: Spit Tranny Needed

To: spitdrvr@camalott.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spit Tranny Needed
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 9:40:58 -0600
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\970102094058e ]
>Does anyone have a late model Spitfire tranny they would like to part >with?

>Seems mine has lost third gear and it SUCKS!!!!
>Any help would be appreciated...

Nick,
   My suggestion is to replace it with a rebuilt one as opposed to putting
something in that could be in not much better shape than the one you have.
That's a lot of hassle to go through twice. You can by one in the US for
approx 1k or have one UPS'd from the UK for approx 350 bucks. For roughly
$100 more you could get an overdrive complete with driveshaft and switches.
   Of course I have nothing to do with John Kipping and make no gain from
purchases from him but am a satisfied customer. My only hint in making a
purchase is to be sure to say "ship it the inexpensive way".
   If you send me a Fax number I can send you the pages of the catalog
dealing with gearboxes. You can also call or Fax them at the number below
and have a complete one sent. They are 6 hours ahead of you in Abilene and
talk a little funny but will probably think you talk funny also.

John Kipping Triumph Spares
(Herald, Vitesse, Spitfire, GT6) - Free Catalogue
Parrots Grove,
421 Aldermans Green Road
Coventry,
CV2 1NP