BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@a

To: triumphs
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@aus-d.mp.campus.mci.net>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 13:22:17 -0700 (MST)

     Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 13:50:32 -0500
     From: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@aus-d.mp.campus.mci.net>
     Subject: Spitfire rear hub removal tool

Some time ago I wrote the list that I was going to try and make my own
hub removal tool out of an old trashed wire wheel adapter. Well it tool
me some time to get around to it but it's finally done! And it works
great. I had the wire wheel adapter cut down to just above the splined
area and a friend (Tony Childs, also on the list) had a 0.500" thick
piece of steel cut and welded into the open end. I bought a less that
$10 pitman arm puller from J.C. Whitney and used the bolt from it in my
tool. Tony also had the tool center drilled and tapped for the bolt.
Last night I tried it on a pair of spare axles and it work great. N.B.
it is wise to use lots of liquid wrench ahead of time to help things along.

Just a side note - today the temp here (Charlotte NC) is 73 degrees and
sunny, had to go out at lunch to take a package to UPS (Ross Vincente's
spare wire wheel) got to put the top down in January!!! :-} Thanks Ross.

Ralph Jannelli
Charlotte NC
'72 Spitfire MKIV
'65 Spitfire MKII