MOSS ATTA-BOY

To: "TR's" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MOSS ATTA-BOY
From: Doug Mathews <MATHEWS@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 97 14:08:02 EST
Just to document a proper response from a provider....since we all tend
to tell horror stories.

I ordered a top for my TR4 from Moss and when it came and I got around
to opening it, it was for a Healey. I called and they said the part # in
the sale sheet was incorrect and to return it and they would send the
correct part.

I took the incorrect top to UPS to return and it the shipping was $33!
They said the box was oversized and fed regulations were the
culprit(another story).

I would have eaten the shipping if it was not much, but not $33 since
it was not my fault. I wrote Moss a letter requesting the $33 as credit
on other parts, but the day after I mailed it I received a check for $20
for the estimated shipping and an apology for the inconvenience.

I'm impressed that they began the refund process before I had to ask
them to. I know many firms that would not, and that you would have to
argue with to get anything back.

That's my ATTA-BOY!

 . Doug Mathews    Voice: 706-542-6820 FAX: 706-542-0349       .
 . University of Georgia   Athens, Georgia                     .