RE: Please don't let it rain" says the man with the Triumph

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Please don't let it rain" says the man with the Triumph
From: Bruce Harding <Bruce_Harding@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 97 13:51:00 PST
>>I've just subscribed - looks like this is a TR/GT6 list - I wonder
>>if there are any Triumph 2500 Saloon drivers out there ? (I mean on
>>this list, there are still 100s on the roads here in NZ).

>>Anyway, opinions on fixing/fighting water (rain) leaks would be
>>greatly appreciated. <Please don't say they all leak...>

>>regards

>>Petr in 1975_2500TC_220000km_in_daily_use_still_refusing_to_die

Petr,

I have a 66 MK1 2000 that is my everyday driver.  Last year we received
over 60 " of precipitation (mostlt rain).  I replaced the windscreen rubber
front and back, put new rubber seals on all 4 doors, and cleaned out the
boot drain tubes.  I currently get a slight amount of water in the
boot...just enough to get the carpet damp.  I will be replacing the boot
seal to see if this helps.  The 2000 is a great winter vehicle.  I put
around 12,000 miles on it per year.

We have several MK1 2000 drivers in our local Triumph Club (Portland, OR
USA).  I think the rest of the club views us as being a but strange:-)

Hope this helps,

Bruce_Harding@ccm2.hf.intel.com
57 TR3
75 TR6