Little German Cars vs Little British Cars

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Little German Cars vs Little British Cars
From: Lawrence Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 12:50:39 -0600
        "And I dont want to even think about the relative annual
running costs of the German cars relative to our LBC's."

This may be the key comparitive factor!

A friend of mine who is restoring a 356 can not believe how cheap Triumph
parts are compared to his costs.  Every little piece for his car is priced
like it's made of gold.  He had to pay $1800 for a rebuilt tranny.

I personally love 356's and old 911's but I know that the cost of upkeep and
maintainence would make them too painful to own.  I'll stick with my
realitively cheap to maintain Triumph and spend the extra money on road trip
vacations.

lchillin@siu.edu
'73 STRag