My Classic Car TV Show Schedule

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: My Classic Car TV Show Schedule
From: Les Francis <lesf@metronet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 10:54:09 -0600
FWIW, below are the planned topics to be covered on "My Classic Car".  I
have no connection, blah, blah, blah, and the show itself seems focused on
older, US muscle cars, but it does have resto tips.

I got the info off their web page (conveniently called
http://www.myclassiccar.com)
They do have text versions of the resto tips at that site, along with lots
of other stuff.  Not as entertaining as cartalk.com, but not bad.

My Classic Car Video Magazine hits the airwaves as a weekly program on The
Nashville Network
beginning in January, 1997! My Classic Car airs twice each weekend on TNN.
MCC is shown at 1 p.m. Eastern Time on Saturdays, and again at 3:30 p.m.
Eastern Time on Sundays.

The first full season of My Classic Car includes 13 first-run episodes. Get
a sneak preview of what's to come...

                  Tentative 1997 MCC Episode Content Schedule
            (Hyperlinked episodes offer photo and feature previews):

  Episode #1, premiering January 4/5, 1997
       Classic Designers & Engineers feature on Don Yenko, creator of the
"sYc" Yenko Camaro.
       Restoration Tip: "Reviving a Stored Classic"
       A visit to the Mustang Club of America's 20th Anniversary Celebration.
       Feature: The Boss 429 Mustang

  Episode #2, premiering January 11/12, 1997
       Restoration Tip: "Chrome"
       A visit to the Carlisle Summer Show in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
       Feature documentary: "Development of the 810 Cord"

  Episode #3, premiering January 18/19, 1997
       Classic Designers & Engineers feature on Larry Shinoda, whose design
credits include work on the                Corvette Sting Ray, Boss 302
Mustang and the Chevy Z28 Camaro.
       Restoration Tip: "Clutches"
       A visit to the Indiana SAAC Convention at Brown Co. State Park.
       Feature: 1965 Pontiac GTO

  Episode #4, premiering January 25/26, 1997
       Restoration Tip: "Standard Transmissions"
       A visit to the Woodward Dream Cruise near Detroit.
       Feature documentary: "Development of the 426 Hemi"

  Episode #5, premiering February 1/2, 1997
       Classic Designers & Engineers feature on Ed "Big Daddy" Roth,
legendary hot rod builder and creator of         the cartoon character "Rat
Fink".
       Restoration Tip: "Stainless Trim"
       A visit to the Camaro Street Nationals in Warren, Michigan.
       Feature: Chevy 409

  Episode #6, premiering February 8/9, 1997
       Restoration Tip: "Color Sanding for Show"
       A visit to the 2nd Annual Double Date Kustoms & Rods Show in
Richmond, Indiana.
       Feature documentary: "Dodge Daytona"

  Episode #7, premiering February 15/16, 1997
       Classic Designers & Engineers feature on the late Harley Earl, former
General Motors Styling Chief and         one of the creators of the original
Chevrolet Corvette.
       Restoration Tip: "Rewiring"
       A visit to the 10th British Car Festival in Chicago.
       Feature: Ford GT40

  Episode #8, premiering February 22/23, 1997
       Restoration Tip: "Making Gaskets"
       A visit to the Concours D'Elegance in Cincinnati.
       Feature documentary: "427 Cobra"

  Episode #9, premiering March 1/2, 1997
       Classic Designers & Engineers feature on Tom Hoover, former engineer
at Chrysler and "Father of the         Hemi".
       Restoration Tip: "Buying a Car"
       A visit to the Vintage T-Bird Convention in Springfield, Illinois.
       Feature: The Battlebird

  Episode #10, premiering March 8/9, 1997
       Restoration Tip: "Tires"
       A visit to St. Ignace '96 (Muscle Mania)
       Feature documentary: "Development of the '68 Sting Ray"

  Episode #11, premiering March 15/16, 1997
       Classic Designers & Engineers feature on Robert Bourke, noted
designer of many classic Studebakers.
       Restoration Tip: "Valves"
       A visit to St. Ignace '96 (Car Show)
       Feature: 1948 Tucker

  Episode #12, premiering March 22/23, 1997
       Classic Designers & Engineers feature on Pete Brock, designer of the
legendary Daytona Coupe.
       Restoration Tip: "Removing Dents"
       A visit to the AMC National Show in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
       Feature: AMX

  Episode #13, premiering March 29/30, 1997
       Classic Designers & Engineers feature on Fred Goodell, Carroll
Shelby's Chief Engineer who was                 instrumental in the
production of the Shelby Mustangs.
       Restoration Tip: "Shock Absorbers"
       A visit to the Classic Chevy Show in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
       Feature: Mustang Boss 302 vs. Camaro Z28