Re: "Please don't let it rain..."

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Please don't let it rain..."
From: Petr Chrapavy <petrc@asia.csg.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 97 12:33:28
Thanks again to all Triumph experts.

Well, I am definitely replacing the windscreen rubber (finally found
a local supplier). I will let you know after I do some serious "leek
testing" on it.

I will also check the sealing of the windscreen wiper shafts,
as they look pretty dodgy/loose.

Bruce,

thanks for the info & prices - looks like ordering Triumph parts from
UK directly and cutting out the middle man might save me some $$$ as
everything imported to New Zealand from UK is so damn expensive
(Triumph parts, tech.magazines, Dr Martens shoes... what a rip off).
I will be visiting UK in 6 months time - providing my lovely car
doesn't eat up my savings again :-) , I will try to raid Rimmer Bros
warehouse and get all the parts I need.

David,

Auckland is where I am - I was actually in Coromandel Peninsula
(Tairua) on holiday in Dec96 and left a day before the 1st cyclone
hit and flooded/cut off all the roads. Thames must have been pretty
bad as well. Hope your car is dry now...

If you look in last saturday's NZ Herald, in CARS WANTED you will
see my ad for a 2500s.  So far only one nice bloke phoned, saying he
had a set of the factory 2500s alloys and the OD unit - but I want
the WHOLE car... Trouble is, nobody wants to part with these cars !

Looks like the 2500s is a rare model now - I try advertising
in the Classic Car magazine and then I might have to get a
2500 and then buy the alloy wheels to upgrade it to "S" - CAN
THIS BE DONE ??? (ie. would the alloys fit a 2500 car ?)

Petr
1975 2500TC MKII, desperately seeking low kms 2500s