Spitfire front suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire front suspension
From: FraxStar@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 15:58:02 -0500 (EST)
My 79 Spitfire front suspension is completely removed and reassembly is about
to begin. I have few quick questions for the group:

1. In past postings someone suggested a proceedure for installing A-arm
bushings using a C-clamp. Could the author please repost or send the
proceedure to me?

2. Can someone suggest an appropriate coil spring compression tool and a
place to obtain one? I was able to get the old units disassembled, but the
same proceedure will not work for assembly.

3. During removal of the tie rod ends the rubber dust seals were damaged.
Does anyone know of a source for these seals? Is there a tool that can be
used to remove the tie rod ends without damaging the seals?

In addition, I would appreciate any tips and advice on reassembly of the
components.

Thanks in advance
John Reynolds
79 Spitfire