TR3 axle advice

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 axle advice
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 19:29:53 PST
Cc: rgb@exact.com
Thanks for all the responses to my TR3A rear axle query.
The general consensus was: considering the potential risk/difficulty of
removing the hubs to leave them alone unless there was a leak or bearing
problem.  I ended up just replacing the pinion seal - and was amazed at
how easy that task was.  I did pull the back cover off and visually
inspected the workings.  This was probably unnecessary but I had another
gasket anyway. (which by the way the holes didn't line up too well).

With a little luck I should have the rear suspension reattached to the
frame tomorrow.

Thanks again for the help.
MRB