brake line & fitting source

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake line & fitting source
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 19:30:25 PST
Looking at my old rusty brake lines next to the freshly painted TR3A
frame I realize that effort to clean them up would be wasted as it would
do nothing to address their potentially reduced integrity.  I have bought
ready made (bend to fit) lines before(Moss & TRF) but since I am
potentially replacing all lines I was wondering if anyone knows of a
bulk source for brake line and the proper fittings.  I guess most auto
parts places could match the pipe with mild steel that would be a little
more tricky to bend that the mail order alloy.  The imperial fittings
with proper flare could be a bit more difficult.  Just what is the
designation of the proper flare.  Would a proper flaring tool be hard to
locate?
Any suggestions or ideas?
TIA,
mrb