Re: painting a car

To: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: painting a car
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 19:57:39 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rob; if you're not changing the color, leave the panels on the car.
 A color change (or a really detailed repaint) would warrant removal of
the doors, trunk and hood. When I did my Tiger, I did the underside of
the trunk, hood, and inside the doors off the car. The engine
compartment, trunk compartment, doorjambs, interior and under the cowl
were all done with the panels off. The next day, they were all very
carefully put back in place. Then, the entire exterior was repainted as
one piece. This insured that there was no color variation on the
exterior panels.
 I seen people paint doors, etc. off the car. Then the car was painted
with a seperate batch of paint. The differences were more than obvious!