Re: Silicone Brake Fluid

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, JFOWLER@MAIL.SOUTHEAST.CC.NC.US
Subject: Re: Silicone Brake Fluid
From: oehrle@lsil.com (Gary Oehrle)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 14:18:52 -0800
James

is does affect some rubber compounds differently.

Silicone does not provide as firm of a brake peddle as
regular fluid.  It is characterized as being "spongey".

The good news is it does not attack paint.  I use it in my TR6
but switched over after a complete brake system overhaul.

I am under the impression that to switch one does need to do
a certain amount of cleaning out the old.

I will look up the source of some articles as well.

GAry Oehrle