Re: Replacing Body (Male)Snaps: Blind Riveting <19970119.225

To: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Subject: Re: Replacing Body (Male)Snaps: Blind Riveting <19970119.225359.3398.1.andertonm@juno.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 21:52:42 PST
Cc: badams@cyberport.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Mark R. Anderton said:
 > Problem - on these snaps, the flange on the top of the rivet is below the
 > upper surface of the snap body.

If you don't have a nosepiece for the rivet gun that fits, instead
of using a hard-to-find tiny washer, try using the little piece that
screws onto the top of a sparking-plug.  It's just about perfect but
could be harder.  In doing a TR6 top you'll probably squash 2 or 3
sparking-plug-tops but we all have a zillion rolling around in our
toolboxes, right?

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center