Turn Signal problems

To: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Turn Signal problems
From: Lawrence Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:07:42 -0600
Finally warmed up enough to work on my Stag's trun signal problem.

If you recall I had a situation where my blinkers use to work just fine then
the right lights would only come on and stay on without blinking.  The left
ones still blinked properly.

Unable to find the flasher unit for replacement, I followed the suggestions
of this list to switch bulbs and see what happened.   I switched the rear
bulbs only and what happened was the situation reversed itself.  Now the
left ones stayed on and the right ones blinked.

So, I sanded the connections on the rear bulb connections of the offending
bulb and tried it again.  Viola! both sides now blink.  Didn't even have to
mess with the fronts.

Thanks to all who gave advice and guidance.  I can't tell you how valuable I
find this list.

lchilling@siu.edu
'73 STRag