TR4 Nave Plates

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 Nave Plates
From: "K.R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 08:23:54 -0500
Kevin D. O'Connor writes that a DPO painted the inside of the
nave plates to keep them from rusting.

If by painted, you mean a red oxide primer type of paint, that
was not likely the DPO but the factory. My 62 had the insides of
the nave plates painted and I bought it in 1966 with less than
18000 miles so I doubt they had already been replaced.

It seems this paint was applied over a fully chromed nave plate.
The new ones that I have seen on the shelves at TRF are fully
chromed but do not have any paint inside. They also do not seem
quite as thick a metal but that may be my imagination.

Cheers

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road