Spit Brakes - Pressure differential valve

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spit Brakes - Pressure differential valve
From: Chris LeBlanc <leblancm@brooktree.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 14:29:59 -0600
I have a 77 Spitfire.  I was bleeding the brakes the other day after
replacing a rear wheel cylinder, and when I was finished there was quite
a puddle of brake fluid under/around the Pressure differential valve.
I've had the car 1.5 years and have noticed some wetness there before,
but after bleeding it was quite a lot.  I've only occasionally had to
add brake fluid and the brakes are fine with a good firm peddle.  I
checked the unions into and out of the valve and they seem ok.  However,
the connection for the brake warning light was practically dripping
wet.  Is this common?  Is there a fix without replacing the entire
valve?  I've considered just bypassing the valve.  It is my
understanding it doesn't do anything but tell you that you have a brake
pressure problem, which you have probably already figured out anyway.

By the way, I didn't noticed any fluid where the nut for the sensor
screws in, but the plastic was very wet.

Thanks,
Chris LeBlanc