Spit Wiper Motors

To: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: Spit Wiper Motors
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 22 Jan 1997 16:01:22 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 07FE832E6AA5202C-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 22 Jan 1997 16:01:22 -0800
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 22 Jan 1997 16:01:22 -0800
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <07FE832E6AA5202C*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Isaac Crow wrote:
Anybody have (or know where to get) a good used wiper motor for a '71
Spitfire? Does such a creature actually even exist?  Or better yet, Just a
good brush assembly? (I just really need the brushes, their copper holders,
and springs)  I came to the realization that it would be nice to be able to
drive in the rain if I wanted to ;)
Thanks,
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Issac -

Sad truth is that if you do not want to spring for the cost of a rebuilt
unit ($$$$$$$$)  from VB or one of the suppliers in the UK, you will have to
fabricate some of the parts yourself.  A rebuilt wiper motor for an early
Spit is about $200 (!!!).  I dismantled mine, cleaned it, found the broken
parts (brush holders, connector wires, etc.) and fabricated new ones out of
non-conductive plastic for the brush holders and copper wire, etc, for the
rest.  It works fine now, but I did go through a lot of trial and error
making the new pieces.  It's a good project to tackle on a rainy Saturday
afternoon.  Good luck.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe