RE: Spit - A-post seals

To: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Spit - A-post seals
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 18:38:28 -0600
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\970122183828d ]
Ross,
    I hope you haven't tossed out those A-post seals yet. I drove my car in
today so I took a look at lunch. If the piece you are describing is 1" wide
flat with a diameter (approx 3/8" or could be a bulge) running along one
edge then here is the deal.
  This piece is glued (contact cement) to the back of the a-post with the
flat edge up against the fuzzy seal and bulge toward the outside. Mine runs
down from the top of the a-post to about 3 ' above the door check strap.
    On the GT6 this will create a  U-type channel for the vent window frame
seal in. In your case without the metal frame for the vent window you would
have the inside of your glass against the fuzzy seal and the outside of the
glass being sealed from the outside by the diameter/bulge part of the rubber.
  I hope I explaned that clearly enough. Got that?
  I hope this helps clear it up. If we need a diagram I can sketch up
something and fax it to you.
Good Luck,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L