Re: TR3A engine colour

To: a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3A engine colour
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:00:23 -0500 (EST)
Angelo and list:

You asked anout TR3A engine color and manifold finishes.

TRA has an excellent notebook published on restoration of sidescreen TR's I
highly recomend it. I do not have mine at the location of this computer;
however, others may be able to give you the manifold answers from it.

If you would like to order a copy, write to:

John Gabel
5763 Shannon Place
Dublin, Ohio   43016

Cost is $20.US and includes the book and shipping. Make the check to :TRA
Guide."

As to the engine color, I believe the book will tell you black. In concours
competition, it would be best to paint it black. However, I have seen a TR3B
that is unrestored/repainted with a red engine. I am told that Ken Richardson
has confirmed to its original owner that several engines, perhaps not
numerous, left the factory like this.

I vote black. Hides oil better.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY