Re: TR3A engine colour

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3A engine colour
From: billsohl@planet.net (Bill Sohl)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:09:54 -0500
Cc: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Angelo wrote:
>Anyone have any insight into what colour TR3A engine heads/blocks were when
>new?  Mine is presently black/rust, but as the engine is out, thought I
>would take the time to paint the assembly.  Were exhaust manifolds left as
>cast and not painted?  I presume that intake manifolds are left in the alloy
>"as cast" condition.

Engine Block and cylinder head: Black

Intake manifold actually had a coating (not sure
if they all did, but I've seen this on many)  The
coating was extremely close in color to the aluminum
manifold.

Cheers,
Bill Sohl   Budd Lake, NJ   billsohl@planet.net
----
Visit the Mount Olive Township Republican Party Home page at:
    http://www.cns-nj.com/mtolive