Spit Overdrives (J-type): what should I replace and how should I clean

To: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spit Overdrives (J-type): what should I replace and how should I clean
From: Dennis <d.wilson@asu.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 08:43:11 -0700 (MST)
I have an OD tranny from a 1980 Spit that i got used and plan on putting
in my car.  the tranny should have 40K miles on it.  However, are there any
parts, seals etc that it would be wise to replace whilst the tranny is out
the car?  Any parts that have a short life or are prone to failing and should
be replaced????

How should I clean the INSIDE of the tranny?  Fill with gasoline and slush
around?  Add several changes of oil?  Slush around automatic tranny
fluid?

Thanks
Dennis