LBCs and radios

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LBCs and radios
From: "Dennis Culligan" <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 97 13:38:11 EST
  No matter how nice my TR6 sounds, I wouldn't be without music (especially on
long trips).  I put a 50 watt Blaupunkt radio/cassette deck into the original
holes in the dash (no cutting required), put an 80 watt Craig amplifier in the
glove box (it's about the size of an 8-track tape), and have a set of Bose 101s
that fit either on the floor behind the seats (pointing up) or up on the shelf
behind the seat (pointing forward).  While I could use a nice sub-woofer to
fill in the bass, I get plenty of volume with this set up, even with the top
down..
  I also have a kicker box (2 8" sub woofers and 2 3.5" tweeters - handles up
to 200 watts) that fits on the rear shelf, but it's only usable when the top
is up.  I have a feeling I could blow the back window out if I really cranked
it up...
                                                        Later...
                                                        Dennis
                                            '76 TR6 - CF57948U - it's LOUD!