'64 Spit - Gearbox "reaction plate" assembly

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '64 Spit - Gearbox "reaction plate" assembly
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 22:23:06 -0800
Ok, it's time for me to ask more questions.  Does anybody with an early
Spit have this "reaction plate" on their gear box.  Mine didn't come
with it (wrecking yard stuff - too many DPO's, I presume), and I need to
find out how important it is.  It <looks> important to me.  Kind of like
it takes up the slop fron-to-back wise in the motor mounts, etc.  I
believe it bolts on the lower left side of the tailpiece, where it
attaches to the body of the tranny.  There appears to be a long rod that
bolts somewhere else, with a rubber bush of some kind to the frame.
Where does it bolt to the frame?  Does it bolt to the frame?  Has your
frame bolted?  - wait - forget that last one...  All this info I gleaned
from the parts manual, and I need to find out how necessary this piece
is.  Thanks in advance.

P.S.  I'm a digest kind of guy, so I get behind in replies sometimes...

Peter Ficklin
'64 Spit (rolling chassis w/motor almost plumbed to start, body work yet
to commence)