RE: Thank You

To: "DDilucchio@aol.com" <DDilucchio@aol.com> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Thank You
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 27 Jan 1997 13:09:56 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0765232ED19A402F-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 27 Jan 1997 13:09:56 -0800
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 27 Jan 1997 13:09:56 -0800
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0765232ED19A402F*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Dan Dilucchio wrote:
Ross: Received the rear bumpers. Thanks, they are exactly as you described
and I am delighted with them. Thanks again.  By the way - could use some
advice. Went to bleed the brakes today. ('66  Spitfire that has been sitting
for 5 years) Started with the right rear. Soaked all of the nipples in a
liquid wrench for a couple of days first. Put a wrench to the nut and it was
so frozen the nipple and a pieac of the metal
in which it sits broke right off. In ordering a replacement piece (that is
the piece of the brake that holds the bleeeder nipple), what should I order?
 I don't know if I am being clear enough - any help would be appreciated. I
was 15 minutes from being on the road! Thanks again. Dan DiLucchio - '66
Spitfire
It sounds as though you fractured the rear brake cylinder, in which case you
will need to buy a replacement cylinder from a local parts store if they
have it, or order it from TRF, etc.  The cylinder is held in place by two
spring clamps that wedge against a flange on the inside edge of the
cylinder.  You'll need to remove the brake drum, and then you'll see what I
mean.

It's a very simple 15 minute job to install a new brake cylinder, but you
won't be driving the car for a while until completed.  While you are at it,
you might as well replace both rear cylinders, as it is likely the other one
is pretty corroded too.  New cylinders are't that expensive - say $15 to $20
each, and are cheap insurance considering it is the braking system we are
talking about here.  Don't forget to check the brake hoses for cracks, too.
 If you need more help, just holler and I'll be happy to assist.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe