triumph TR7 v8

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: triumph TR7 v8
From: Nicholas Ridis <beyond@box.net.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:21:09 +0930
i live in Australia and have had 3 trs so far. A hardtop tr7, a softop
tr7 and a softop tr7v8.

Ive owned my tr7v8 for about 9 months and have found what looks like mud
in the petrol tank. i have a volvo filter before the fuel pump (EFI car
running HALTECH IGNITION) and the standard metal fuel filter in the
engine bay. both are filling full of muck quickly. Has anyone removed a
petrol tank from a TR7/8 with dual exhaust ? I would rather flush the
tank out rather than remove it. Has anyone got any suggestions.

I also want to put better seats in ( more body hugging ) any
recommendations?