Re: triumph TR7 v8

To: Nicholas Ridis <beyond@box.net.au>
Subject: Re: triumph TR7 v8
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@dalton.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 01:47:09 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Nicholas Ridis wrote:

> i live in Australia and have had 3 trs so far. A hardtop tr7, a softop
> tr7 and a softop tr7v8.
>
> Ive owned my tr7v8 for about 9 months and have found what looks like mud
> in the petrol tank. i have a volvo filter before the fuel pump (EFI car
> running HALTECH IGNITION) and the standard metal fuel filter in the
> engine bay. both are filling full of muck quickly. Has anyone removed a
> petrol tank from a TR7/8 with dual exhaust ? I would rather flush the
> tank out rather than remove it. Has anyone got any suggestions.
>
> I also want to put better seats in ( more body hugging ) any
> recommendations?

Nicholas,

I don't know about the fuel tank problem, but I do have a recomendation
for the seats.  Either FloFit or Recaro seats hold real good. I prefer
FloFits because they are a shade softer, and after a long day behind the
wheel I do not feel as if I've been sitting on a piece of wood all day.

Edward

--
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!)

*          The opinions expressed above are not my own...          *
*                     they are someone else's!                     *