TR6 Horn Wiring

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Horn Wiring
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:35:33 -0800
Hope all are surviving the winter (except those in
a warmer climate). Remember, January is almost over,
February is a short month, and March-spring is right
around the corner :-)

I remind myself of this every morning.

Anyway...I have another Horn question, not to match
Neil's earlier posting for his TR3A.

The DPO installed plastic two pitch horns.
They don't sound bad but I want to go back to the
originals, which are still installed (High and Low
pitch's under the bumper).

My '70 TR6's Comm No is 51904. Can anyone help with
the proper wiring for the horn as well as the Switch?
I think I have the proper wiring for the horns but am
not sure about the switch. Neither Haynes nor the Shop
Manuals do much help here. What are the proper connections
for the proper purple wires (specify striping when required)?

Also, is there a way to test the horns while removed from
the car? I have them out in prep for the body/paint job so I
plan to clean, paint, and test (if I can) the horns.

Thanks.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtwon, PA
'70 TR6