Re: Spitfires, Midgets and forklifts<32E98ADC.242B@concentric.net>

To: nolan penney <npenney@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfires, Midgets and forklifts<32E98ADC.242B@concentric.net>
From: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 11:10:31 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>I understand the Midgets at some point started using the same 1500
>engine as Spitfires.  With a mysteriously superior big end rod bearing.
>And that this same engine is now known as a Continental, and resides
>within many forklifts.

>As this is all a vague and murky mystery to me, could any of you shed
>some light on this and let me see my way?

Are you sure your not thinking of Climax engines, these in one form or another
were used in the early Lotus Elite, the original version being used to power
fire engine pumps(apparently designed to go to full revs from cold) , and also
the Brabham Herald conversions, not sure but probably a different engine to the
Lotus one......Or am I talking complete crap(again)!!!! :-)

Cheerio

Rich

Hmmmm, good point about the Midget not seeming to knock the bottom ends out as
quick, is this because MG drivers are puffs and don't drive properly????  :-)
(hows that for political incorrectness dm)???