Re: TARPS DISEASE?

To: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: TARPS DISEASE?
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 11:20:33 -0500
Cc: Dudley Simons <drs1005@esc.cam.ac.uk>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Dudley Simons wrote:
> I think I may have missed something here - what are you talking about?
> > What is tarps disease?
>
>  I think that it is the opinion of some that certain brands of classic
> car spend the greater part of their lives under a tarpaulin and wouldn't
> know tarmac from adam. Brands bearing an octagonal badge are those
> deemed most guilty. Or so you would think. At least thats my impression,
> if that isn't the case please enlighten us!
>
> Johnny Storm
>
> '77 Spit 1500

Johnny,

An excellent take on the subject, however, slightly different than mine.

Seems the disease relates more to people than to LBC's.

And those people who fancy the octagonal badge are most afflicted, as
they are unable to distinguish from the shape of the tarp what treasure
lies underneath.

I, a fancier of most British iron (or rust, as the case may be) that
does not bear the octagonal badge can tell with great efficiency what
jewel is under a tarpaulin, while those of us not so well focused on the
sport have the overwhelming need to actually lift the tarp...

Asbestos suit at my side,

Henry Frye
Tho shall not covet thy neighbors rust
TR250's