RE: Trunnions (TR6): oil or grease?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Cregg Cowan'" <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Subject: RE: Trunnions (TR6): oil or grease?
From: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 12:58:42 -0800
Cc: "'cowan@triumph.cs.utah.edu'" <cowan@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Everything I've heard & read says to use hypoid oil.

I have a question on this though. When using oil, instead of grease, how
does one get the oil in? I'd be interested in hearing how people on the
list are doing this.  NAPA sells a pump which you attach to the container
of oil & can use to pump into the hole (eg remove the plug). Is this how
people are doing it?