Re: Cellulose???What is it???

To: "Paul A. Carson" <pcarson@lcfh.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Cellulose???What is it???
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 19:36:12 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Paul A. Carson wrote:
 "You
> have two choices...two-pack and cellulose".
>
> My question for the list, (Help Richard Jackson and others) is..."Cellulose
> is the same as __________".  Will I have compatability problems with my
> acrylic enamel?
>
> I've been a Yank in the UK for over a year and the language barrier still
> raises its ugly head occasionally.
>
> Paul
>
> Paul A. Carson
                                         PSC 37, Box
Paul in the olden days, the base for lacquer was nitrocelluose.
Shortened to cellouse, the name appeares to have stuck in the UK.
Unless you put a seal coat over enamel, it a hit or miss proposition
sprayng lacquer over enamel of any type. Get your hands on the paint
company catalogs and refinishing guides. They're a big help in
dertminign what is compatable with what.