Exploding Spitfires

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Exploding Spitfires
From: Paul Nelson <aloder@websgi.icomnet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 07:17:49 -0400
This may seem like a question from someone with a little paranoia
and it's for my wife so go figure. As my 76 Spitfire is getting closer
to being road-worthy, my VERY safety minded wife wants to know the
likelyhood of a Spitfire exploding when rear ended. Given the location
of the fuel tank.  She doesn't want want the kids(who really want to
take a ride)at ANY risk. I don't either, but I told her she was being
over protective and not to worry.
        Does she have any just cause(besides being a woman)to be concerned
about this?
        Thanks,Paul Nelson
                76 Spitfire