Re: Exploding Spitfires

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Exploding Spitfires
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:16:18 -0400
Doug Mitchell wrote:
> Just tell her that with the quick response of the Spit, you
> can safely steer out of any dangerous situations.

  Remember, 80% of people consider themselves "above average"
drivers. (snicker)

  I am on a lot of car mailing lists, and just about every
one of them is full of people who don't worry about accidents
because "they'll just steer around the person causing the
accident".

  Surprise! YOU could be the one causing the accident. (not
you personally Doug, I kind of mean everybody)

  I respect that perhaps on lists full of car enthusiasts, we
might be dealing with the "better" drivers. But that doesn't
always translate into safer drivers. And more to the point,
the odds are that of all that accidents we hear about on
this mailing list, at least once it had to be the LBC'er
at fault, even with that "great handling".

  Accidents are not always "for the other guy". Then again,
rear enders tend to be, and that's the discussion at hand.

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /