Re: spit - front end too high

To: s1500@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: spit - front end too high
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 19:05:32 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> The shocks are the only thing I can think of.  These were not
> adjustables
> but have a little charge.  They didn't "feel" any different off the car.

Hmm.  Then it's probably not the shocks.  I just went out and looked at my
Spitfire, it
takes some umph to lift the front up, so it would require high pressure in the
shock it
lift it appreciably.

Correct springs?  They look quite small and extensively wound, so it shouldn't
take much
variation to get lift from a set of non-stock springs.

Assembly wise, I don't see anything in assembly that would allow for improper
(upside
down or backwards) installation to jack the car.  Save for possibly the lower
A-arm.
Here's a quick picture of how mine is installed in relation to the mounting
brackets to
the frame and sway bar link attachment.  If this is backwards, it might cause a
jacking
or bind, though I rather doubt it.

                                     @
           -----| |------------------|*|----------
                | |                  | |                  Front of car
                | |                  | |
           -----|*|------------------| |----------

I'm not good at these pictures.  The horizontal lines define the frame.  The
verticals
are the two mounting tab brackets for the lower A-arm.  The arm attaches high
in the
front, and low in the rear.  Hence the stars, they represent the A-arm
locations in
relation to the frame and brackets.  The @ simulates the swaybar link attaching
to the
A-arm.  it attaches at the top, on the rear side of the front leg of the A-arm.
 Does
yours match all this?  I'm not swearing mine is correct, but I've no reason to
believe it
isn't.