Re: TRF Shock Problem

To: Barry Wolpoff <Wolpoff@centuryinter.net>
Subject: Re: TRF Shock Problem
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 13:34:19 -0700
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Barry Wolpoff wrote:

> I have had nothing but trouble with TRF.  Their warranty policies suck.  If
> a company is going to specialize in restoration parts, how can they have
> such a narrow warranty policy?  I have bough parts months in advance for my
> TR-8 project only to find the wrong part or a defective part they won't do
> anything about because too much time has elapsed.  I have written to
> Charles the Great and never received a response from anyone in the company.
>  I have been hung up on twice while on hold.  I will never deal with them
> again.
> Barry,

When you have a problem with a vendor and post it on the list, why not
also post a copy to the vendor if they are on the internet.  It might
help if they know that others are also seeing the problem.  TRF is now on
the net!

I have a similar problem myself with Victoria British (they aren't on
the internet) on a similar thing but it has been about a year and I
finally gort around to opening it up.  I turned out to be all black and
not chrome as the originals are. I don't know if they will refund on it
but I should have checked it out closer when I got it.  I now know that
the correct part isn't available.  It's the TR8 door light.  I ordered a
couple of used ones from Ivan Love.

On the other side VB sent me the incorrect throttle cable for the TR8.
It was too long.  I called them and they said they would check in to it.
 I forgot about it as I made it work by cutting it off.  About a month
later they called and said they were crediting my credit card with the
cost of the cable.  So you never know un till you try.

By the way I hope you and your son have a nice trip out west.  Did you
find out about the idling problem yet?  Let me know if you do as I have a
similar problem but not due to wear as mine have almost no use on them.

Joe Worsley
80 TR8
72 TR6
Tupelo, MS 38801