Re: Parish Insurance report and Q. Has anyone made a claim?

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: Parish Insurance report and Q. Has anyone made a claim?
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 20:35:55 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
drew@pixar.com wrote:

> A while ago when insurance was being talked about, the subject of
> "stated value" was brought up. How does this work with Parish?
> Is the car appraised and Parish agrees to pay the owner that much
> if the car is totaled?
>
> One of these days I'll have another Triumph and need to know about
> these things.
>
> Drew
>
> On Jul 30,  8:31am, John Cowan wrote:
> > Subject: Parish Insurance report and Q.  Has anyone made a claim?
> >    Called Parish and got a quote of $275 for their standard coverage for my
> > '60 TR-3A.  Their underwriters are CIGNA for reasonably priced cars and
> > Lloyd's of London for those over $150,000.  I was favorably impressed.
> >
> >    Anyone made a claim on a policy of theirs?  If so, were you paid
> > promptly and fully?
> >
> > John Cowan
> >-- End of excerpt from John Cowan
>
> --
> Drew Rogge
> drew@pixar.com

Drew,

Parish uses agreed upon value. This means that if the car is
wrecked and the cost to rebuild exceeds the agreed upon value,
that is what they will pay you. The need to send in pictures and
also use of a data base with current sale prices on cars based on the
market is so a person doesn't over insure their car and then
wreck so as to make a profit.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6