TR6 front wheel spacers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 front wheel spacers
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 20:18:41 -0400 (EDT)
I've asked for help on this before, but here's goes again.

I may need a set of front wheel spacers for a TR6.  My KN replica
minilites rub on the left side on sharp turns.  I have had the frame
checked, and it's within specs, as I thought the shock tower may be out.

I was told by an alignment shop that the problem was that the left
vertical link was bent.   Having just disassembled my front left
suspension  tonight, and visually comparing  the existing link with one I
bought ($198.00 Cdn.!), I can see no difference.

The only bend I can see is in the rod from the steering rack that screws
into the tie rod end on that side of the car.

The right side wheel does not rub, but I did have to remove the wheel
weights and a very slight amount of the upper A arms.

If I space the left wheel by approx. 1/4", and with the fairly
substantial amount of material I have  ground off the A arms, it's fine.

Any suggestions, or wheel spacers?

Robert Carley
73 Tr6
Ontario, Canada