TR6 alternator substitute

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 alternator substitute
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 97 16:12:05 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Thanks to those on the list who gave me fast answers to help out a
     fellow Triumph enthusiast in need of an alternator for his TR6. I
     thought the "big three" were noted for being very helpful in crises
     but they sure didn't pull through this time. The situation was
     resolved by a local member donating the alternator (another Lucas)
     from his own car so that the visiting member could return home.
     When I arrived this morning they were still doing the swap, and when I
     mentioned that a Bosch unit would work they were beginning to think
     that that sounded like a pretty good idea!
     I had to leave but if anyone else was at the 12th Annual Canadian
     Classic, I'd like to hear whether the Hartleys made it home to Ohio.

     Thanks again,
     Jim Wallace
     '60 TR3 TS81417