front brakes & shifter knob

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: front brakes & shifter knob
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 20:25:15 -0700 (PDT)
Jacked up the front of the TR4 to push grease in every available orifice,
and I find I have caught the front brake pads *just* in the nick of time
-- they recommend new pads when there's 1/8" left... there's NO pad left
on the inside right pad.  Luckily there's only a bit of scratching on the
rotor.  I have to remove the rotors when I pack the bearings so I'll be
able to buff them and see if there's any nasty damage then.

The local parts store can not order pads right away, it will take a week
or so.  However, they say that Saab 900 pads (circa 1980-?) will fit, as
they're listed as the same in their catalogue.  Can anyone prove/disprove
this?  Are the Saab pads any cheaper/more readily available?

On another note, my profound lack of funds have slowed my TR progress...
I've got a wood lathe downstairs and I'm wondering if anyone would like a
shifter knob turned for them.  Any ideas, wish lists?

-Malcolm

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.