Re: going digest

To: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Subject: Re: going digest
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 21:09:54 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John Matthews wrote:
> Just a short note to let you know I'll be going into digest mode for a
> while. To those who I've been corresponding with directly please
> continue to do so. Thanks for all your help and advice. I hope to be
> back soon.

  Just a general note to all about digest.

  The digest is nice, but you can get all of the benefits
without the delays if you use a sorting mail reader. Most
modern mail readers will do this, even Netscape 4.0.

  Essentially, you have a seperate inbox where Triumph
mail appears. It appears right away without digest
delay, but it doesn't mix in with your personal mail
so it's convenient. Especially after vacations, when
you might have a few hundred you can just skim or
delete without fear of missing personal email.

  Apologies if this means increased traffic for MJB, but
it really is the best of all worlds. I'm more than happy
to help anyone with setup if they have any questions. It
works great for me, I get about 250 emails a day but
through various filters I can read my personal and
business email first, then sit down to read LBC stuff when
I have the time.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada