Re: Spitfire engine conversion

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire engine conversion
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 21:16:31 -0400
> <snip> I own a 1978 Spitfire that sadly has an
> unreparable engine.  I am hoping to replace the engine and
> transmission with something more reliable and enjoyable to
> drive.  My main objective with the project is to install a
> more reliable engine (however a few more horses would be
> nice!) <snip>

  If you rebuild the engine or install a rebuilt one,
it will be reliable for a good long time. Part of the
notion of unreliability comes from the fact that all
these engines are old and most never rebuilt.

  Another option is to just buy a used engine somewhere
and go with it. A lot simpler to install and use than
to engineer a custom solution with some other engine.

  The engine is so much of the character of these
cars.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada