[no subject]

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
From: "Jason Burden" <jason@clinic.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 22:42:53 -0400
        IM not sure of the correct terminology, or even if IM on the right
track,
but maybe somebody might have an idea what IM talking about.
        I recently purchased a 1979 Spitfire. It overheats, or I think it does.
drive the car for 10 minutes or so and the needle on the temp gauge begins
to rise to the hot mark. I pull over, pop the hood and the hoses are very
hot, but no steam or overflow.
        What we have done is replace the thermostat, new head gasket, totally
flushed the hole system. The water pump is working fine. We have come to a
conclusion that the car might not be overheating, rather the temp sensing
unit (which has never been replaced) is at fault.
        My question to the group is this, if I use an instrument to test the
temp
of the coolant, what temp should it be? 180 degrees? 200 degrees? And is
there any thing else I can do to stop my car from overheating.. IM almost
out of ideas!
                Thanks a bunch...
                                Jason

Jason Burden