Car Shows

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Car Shows
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 08:16:01 -0400
Triumphant ones,

Have you ever noticed when you go to a car show how many 'experts'
there are trying to impress their friends?

I bring this up because I showed the Spit in a local Show/Cruise
on Sunday, and some guy walked toward the car telling his buddy
how he never really cared for the Asian cars. As he neared, he
expanded it to include European cars as well. He then proceeded
to tell his friend about the car. How it was mid-engined, to which
I said, 'No, it is front engine.', and he said 'Oh it is one of the
rare ones, huh?' I told him that none of the Spitfires were mid
engined. He then asked if it was front wheel drive and I told him
that they were all rear wheel drive. He then told me that a friend
of him had a Fiat X1/9 Berton (sic), with a Yugo engine in it. I just
shook my head and wondered how anyone can be so confused.

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
dmitchel@ford.com