Re: Naive Sandblaster!

To: "Barry P. Warwick" <bwarwick@wcoil.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Naive Sandblaster!
From: tuu@cosmail3.ctd.ornl.gov (Tim Tucker)
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 09:05:34 -0400
Barry,

Equipment: The large commercial units are GREAT, no doubt about it.
However, if a person wants one to keep around the house they become a bit
pricey(sp?).

I bought a 100# pressure feed blaster and put a tungsten tip on it.  I then
built a siphon feed booth based on plans from an outfit called "TIP".  The
booth (5'widex3'deepx4'high)has been used to do just about everthing:
wheels, washer machine tops(a honey do), countless small components,
aluminum engine parts(using glass beads), +much more.  The great thing is
that I made easy provisions to run the pressure feed SB's hose into the
booth via a normally plugged hole, that way I can tackle those tough jobs
that a siphon feed unit just takes too long to do.  I bought the pressure
feed unit for $100, the tip cost me ~$60, and the booth cost me around $250
to build.  The glass on the booth has to be replaced from time to time, but
other than that they stay fairly maintainence free.  The tungsten tips
really help. IMO.